How to test whether an idea is any good? Here are five questions that you can apply to just about any idea to test it.
The point at which you can’t, hand on heart answer the question, stop, re-think, seek help or ditch the idea and have another one.
1. Would you be confident enough in the idea that you could describe it to a complete stranger?
2. Can you describe (or even better quantify) what problem it solves?
3. Can you describe the type of person that has the problem, how many of them there are and how to find them?
4. To what extent does the idea solve the problem?
5. How could you test whether enough of the people that have problem care enough that they would spend money on the idea?